The pension lifetime allowance
Watch a recording of this webinar to see our experts discuss what the pension lifetime allowance is, how it is applied and what rate of tax you could pay if you exceed it.
They will also consider how you can manage your pension to control when it will be tested against the lifetime allowance and illustrate how incurring the lifetime allowance charge could be more efficient than other tax charges, including income tax and inheritance tax.
Find out more about:
- How much you can save in your pension before breaching the pension lifetime allowance
- The different ways to protect your lifetime allowance
- How much tax you may have to pay on the excess
- When your pension benefits will be tested against the lifetime allowance and the different rates of tax
- Your position at age 75
- Why breaching the lifetime allowance shouldn’t necessarily be avoided
- How pensions are tested against the lifetime allowance on death
Key take outs from this recording:
Learn what you can do to avoid breaching the pension lifetime allowance and find out more about all of your available options.
Roy has been a financial planner since 1996. He holds Chartered status and is a Fellow of The Personal Finance Society. Roy enjoys the variety of clients and their objectives which he comes across on a daily basis and is proud of the role he plays in helping them come to life.
The value of investments, and the income from them, may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
To view Zoom's privacy statement please click here