Areas of expertise
- contentious share valuations and shareholder disputes
- contentious trust matters
- financial remedies for matrimonial proceedings
- breach of warranty disputes
- commercial disputes
- loss of profit calculations
- fraud investigations
- assisting in mediations and expert determinations
Faye leads our private client disputes practice and has specialised in forensic accounting for over 20 years with a particular focus on financial remedies for divorce proceedings, probate disputes, contentious trust matters as well as commercial disputes. Faye has provided expert accountancy evidence in the High Court for both family and civil proceedings, at Arbitration hearings and has assisted in mediations. She has valued companies across the UK and in offshore jurisdictions such as China, Africa, Thailand, Bermuda and the US
Faye is regularly instructed by matrimonial and private client dispute lawyers. She provides expert reports on behalf of an individual party or acts as a Single Joint Expert. She is also on hand to act as a shadow expert, giving assistance with understanding figures and valuations prepared by others.
- Valuing and assessing the liquidity, borrowing capacity and sustainable income of a party’s interests in a network of international companies including a privately held bank, real estate, hospitality, fish farming and production and a shareholding in a football club.
- Instructed on behalf of the SRA to assist Intervention Managers in professional negligence claims against Reporting Accountants relating to the mis-use of client funds by solicitors.
- Advising the Defendants of a multi-million pound post-acquisition dispute regarding the alleged misrepresentation of the profitability of a construction company within its financial statements.
- Valuing a number of businesses (operating globally) within the jewellery industry in relation to a contentious trust dispute and advising the defendant to a claim brought against them by a family member and business partner in relation to alleged funds being withdrawn from the businesses.
- Valuing a group of companies operating as a music producer and publishing business credited with having the longest running independent film and television music library resource in the world.
- Valuing and assessing the liquidity of a company engaged in the development and operation of sustainable energy projects across Africa.
- Qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant in 1997 & member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Specialised in forensic accounting since 1995
- Member ICAEW’s Valuations Special Interest Group
- Member of Expert Witness Institute (EWI)
- Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader Consulting Experts – Forensic Accountants 2022. WWL says: “Faye Hall is singled out by peers as a "tenacious and conscientious" expert who is "strong under fire in cross-examination".