Complaints procedure

At Evelyn Partners, we are committed to dealing with complaints fairly, promptly and objectively. Please see the details of how to make a complaint below depending on the service you wish to complaint about.

Complaints in connection with our Tax, Business and Advisory Services

If you have any concerns in connection with our tax, accountancy, audit, forensic or restructuring and recovery services, and you do not wish to discuss these with the person directly responsible for providing the service to you, please use the details below:

In writing: Group General Counsel
45 Gresham Street
Telephone: 020 7131 4000

We undertake to look into any complaint carefully and promptly. If we do not answer your complaint to your satisfaction, you may refer your complaint to the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales at:

The Professional Conduct Department
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Metropolitan House, 321 Avebury Boulevard
Milton Keynes MK9 2FZ

Details of the ICAEW complaints procedure are available at Complaints process | ICAEW.

Complaints in connection with our Financial Services and Investment Management Businesses

At Evelyn Partners we always aim to provide the highest possible levels of service. Even so, we appreciate that there may be occasions when clients have a complaint and we encourage this feedback to enable us to put things right and to use the information gained to improve our services. These procedures seek to respond in a fair and impartial way to clients and other connected parties, who express dissatisfaction about our provision of, or failure to provide, a financial service.


You may complain to us in the most convenient way for you; either by letter, telephone, email or in person. Should you wish for someone to complain on your behalf, we will need your written permission to enable us to deal with them. You may raise your complaint with anyone in the firm, or via the details outlined below. Many concerns can be resolved immediately; therefore, in the first instance, it may be more beneficial to speak to your usual relationship contact.

In writing: Client Resolution
Evelyn Partners
The Observatory
Western Road
RG12 1TL
Telephone: 01344 828000

If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will aim to resolve your concerns as soon as possible. You will be issued with an acknowledgment letter within five working days (it may be sent with these procedures) and we will keep you informed regarding the progress of your complaint. You will not be charged for any aspect of us handling your complaint.


We will fully investigate your complaint and send you a response which clearly details our findings and the outcome of your complaint. We will also detail any proposed actions to put things right, if appropriate. We will aim to complete this process promptly and will provide you with regular updates. Upon completion of our investigations we will issue you with a ‘Final Response Letter’. If we are unable to complete our investigation after eight weeks, we will write to you explaining any delays and outline the options available to you.


We will always aim to resolve your complaint promptly and fairly. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within eight weeks, or if you remain dissatisfied following receipt of our final response, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service:

Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Telephone: 0800 023 4567

The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent dispute resolution service. There is no charge for you to use their services.


Where we believe that another firm may be solely, or jointly, responsible for the fault alleged in your complaint, we will refer your complaint to that firm for investigation and reply. Where we are satisfied that we may have some responsibility for the fault alleged in your complaint, we will investigate your complaint in accordance with these procedures.


In the event that you have any queries regarding our complaint handling procedures, or the process of your complaint, please contact us at the details provided above.