This monthly commentary gives a roundup of global markets and trends.
In this edition:
- Concerns increase over the Israel-Hamas conflict spreading through the Middle East and severely affecting the energy sector and financial markets
- Equities could see a recovery provided geopolitical risks do not escalate
- The Brent crude oil price has stabilised but it could become volatile if Iran and its proxies join the conflict
- Inflation continues to slow but there is a possibility of a mild recession in developed economies
- Share prices in global renewable companies have corrected as lack of support for achieving net-zero targets continues
The value of an investment may go down as well as up and you may get back less than you originally invested.