Areas of expertise
Business support and strategy, working capital and cash flow management, balance sheet improvement, cost reduction, business partnering, business planning, accelerated sale processes, risk mitigation and process and control improvements.
Lynne combines 20 years’ experience in practice across restructuring, advisory, audit, risk and internal audit, with 4 years industry experience, working as a Finance Director in a fast paced business environment.
Through her time in at KPMG, she supported clients with a wide spectrum of projects including turnaround, cash flow management performance improvement, accelerated sale processes, business planning, strategic risk and process/control improvement.
Her industry experience saw her working as Finance Director for a high growth business operating across multiple sectors. This experience provides Lynne with commercial acumen and a good understanding of the challenges businesses face on a day to day basis.
Throughout her career, Lynne has worked across a wide variety of businesses in terms of both business size and sector with specialisms in hospitality, retail, construction and manufacturing.
Notable client work and achievements
- In her role as Finance Director at a high growth hospitality business, Lynne worked with the business pre-trading and had responsibility for all aspects of the finance function including setting up the systems and controls, defining and creating the management reporting, budgeting, cost control and business strategy.
- Considerable business partnering and operational support through her roles in both industry and in practice, working with departments and organisations to prepare business plans, identify performance improvement opportunities and implement change.
- Considerable Board experience through both her industry experience and client work including undertaking strategic risk reviews with C suite executives in both listed and large private businesses.
- Successfully running an options review and ultimately an accelerated sales process for an underperforming subsidiary of a global manufacturing business
- Undertaking an internal control framework review for a fast growing, private equity backed global manufacturing business
- ICAS Chartered Accountant