Mergers and acquisitions support
Whether it’s an acquisition, disposal, management buy-out (MBO) or management buy-in (MBI), our practical, technical advice and support at every stage of the process and our truly global, cross-border execution capability through Oaklins Evelyn Partners, will help you achieve your goals efficiently.
If you’re seeking an acquisition to take your business to the next level or considering a disposal to streamline your operations or plan your retirement, we can apply our expertise to optimise the value of the transaction for you.
M & A sell-side
Selling Your Business
Many of our entrepreneurial clients have invested a substantial part of their lives in growing and developing their business as well as investing in the assets involved in that business from employees through to customers and suppliers. They may have their personal wealth tied up in the business but often it goes well beyond money. Realising that investment via a sale or succession process can be one of the most pivotal decisions our clients make.
A sale process can be hugely time consuming for both the organisation and for the owner. Working alongside our clients we seek to minimise the impact of the process through preparation and planning. Optimising the presentation of the company is key to driving value. As seasoned advisers, clients benefit from our experience as we lead them to completion, from initial planning and marketing, through to due diligence, negotiation, closing, and post-deal support.
For many of our clients having specialist sector expertise and access to international buyers at the right level can be crucial. Our membership of Oaklins gives access to over 850 M&A specialists often with relevant sector expertise. It also ensures we can access key decision-makers in 45 countries across the globe. This has enabled us in recent years to complete cross border transactions with buyers in America, China, Japan and across Europe to name a few.
Supported by our industry expertise and dedication to our field, you can turn strategy into action. In addition to corporate finance expertise Evelyn Partners offer clients access to a full range of additional tax, financial and investment management services as well as transactional support if required.
How we can help
We never forget we work as part of a team with our clients
- Understand what the key requirements from a sale process are, beyond maximising the proceeds
- Advice and assistance on exploring a number of potential full and partial exit routes including: trade buyers, financial buyers, and employee ownership such as through an MBO or EOT
- Ascertaining what attributes of the business might add or detract from the valuation. Helping our clients maximise the value drivers alongside considering if any of the value detractors can be addressed in advance of a process
- Curating a process that balances maximising the price with minimising the time the process takes, whilst seeking to maintain confidentiality and business as usual
- Preparing the marketing material including highlighting the key selling messages, and coordinating the presentation of information throughout the process
- Identifying, contacting and managing prospective buyers
- Working with other advisers such as lawyers to bring the deal to a successful conclusion
Finding a perfect partner
Organic growth is hard to achieve and can take a long time.
An acquisitive business can quickly diversify into a new geography or service by saving time and costs in innovation, R&D and building new channels and distribution networks. A buy-and-build strategy can therefore significantly accelerate the growth of a business, including for those that have already invested in organic expansion.
Our team of expert advisers has a demonstrated track record of supporting strategic and financial buyers as they execute acquisitions, management buyouts, joint ventures, and mergers.
Whether you’re a UK firm looking to expand overseas or an international business considering a UK presence, a clear understanding of the opportunities available will open up new horizons for your business. Our global coverage gives you a world of opportunities to expand into new markets and rise above your competition.
How we can help
- Supporting and understanding your acquisition strategy
- Developing the acquisition criteria
- Identifying and approaching potential targets
- Advice on structure and valuation
- Valuing & evaluating the targets as the information develops
- Negotiation of the transaction terms
- Financial due diligence and input into the acquisition process
- Fund raising and debt advisory if required