Areas of expertise
Mergers & acquisitions; fundraising; private equity; strategic advice for family-owned and entrepreneurial businesses.
Brian advises family-owned and entrepreneurial businesses, guiding them through the process of raising finance, making acquisitions or selling the business.
His particular expertise is focusing on not just the processes and structures of a financial transaction, but giving equal importance to the challenges that arise for business-owners throughout.
- 25 years’ corporate finance experience completing over 200 buy, sell and fundraising transactions.
- Deep knowledge of private equity community and its working, having spent 13 years at private equity firm 3i.
- Working with an owner from start up to private equity fundraising, to float, advising on UK and cross-border acquisitions and then sale.
- Extensive cross-border expertise, completing transactions with Japanese, European, US and Australian counterparties.
- Member of the corporate finance faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).