Financial reporting is increasingly complex and, given the growing publicity around high profile accounting scandals, it is more important than ever to correctly interpret and apply accounting standards to drive appropriate decision-making, boost productivity, and increase levels of trust and transparency with stakeholders.
Accounting for complex transactions, navigating new and existing standards and developing memos for accounting positions can overload finance departments. We understand what auditors look for and can help you with the preparation of robust memos, accurate calculations and models to support you through your audit process.
Other significant events within your business may demand a tight turnaround and you might not have the resources, or it may not be cost effective to recruit externally when you only need someone on an interim basis.
Seeking expert advice, either regularly or as a one-off for unfamiliar or difficult situations, is critical to understanding the impact of a transaction on key metrics and financial statements and choices available, whilst alleviating pressure on finance teams.
Our accounting advisory offering provides an integrated approach with traditional accounting and assurance, financial reporting, and governance, with expertise in systems, processes and controls.
How we can help
Our accounting advisory team may provide:
- Day-to-day support through an on-call service for ad hoc queries
- Event driven, one-off projects or secondment style arrangements for specific assignments, providing support to technical and resource-constrained finance teams
There are many situations where support from accounting advisory specialists can help:
Accounting and assurance support
- Consultation on the impact of complex accounting issues
- Transaction accounting support and advisory, including accounting implications and journal entries linked with business combinations, reorganisations, disposals and purchase price allocations
- New accounting standards, including impact assessment, understanding of transition options, and development of implementation plans (IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- GAAP selection and conversions (FRS 102 or IFRS)
- Review of historical financial information as part of a listing process
- Development and review of accounting policies
- Preparation of consolidation models
- Cash flow preparation
- Assurance and agreed upon procedures
Financial reporting support
- Year-end and month-end financial statement close processes
- Disclosure note drafting
- Support with front-end narrative reporting (Directors reports, Strategic reports)
- Technical accuracy review of financial statement for potential issues
- KPI development and assurance
- Competitor benchmarking
Governance and control environment support
- Selection and application of appropriate Corporate Governance Code (UKCG code, QCA code)
- Control and process reviews
- Control recommendations
- Quantification of errors arising from control environment failures
A top ten UK accountancy firm, as ranked by Accountancy Age 2020.
Longstanding relationships to support clients’ business and personal interests throughout the business lifecycle.
Regular contributors of expert commentary on assurance issues in the national and trade press.
Actively involved in leading trade and industry bodies shaping the changes affecting your business.