Areas of expertise
- Consulting and Accounting Solutions, Audit, Business Outsourcing Services, Transaction Services
- International Financial Reporting Standards, UK Financial Reporting Standards, Corporate Governance
Dominic is a senior member of our Consulting and Accounting Solutions team based in London, providing specialist accounting advice to private and listed companies across a diverse range of sectors.
This advice includes projects on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements and disclosure reviews, mergers and acquisitions, impact assessments and implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transactions Services, Audit and Tax.
Dominic has an in-depth knowledge of International and UK Financial Reporting Standards and Company Law, across a broad range of technical areas, including, business combinations, financial instruments, share options, leasing and foreign currency.
Dominic also provides specific accounting support and services in relation to control reviews, quantification of accounting errors, corporate training.
Prior to joining Smith and Williamson, Dominic worked within the audit department for a Top 6 Accounting firm with a particular exposure to listed international groups and worked in Sydney prior to that.
Notable client work and achievements
Examples of his experience include:
- Design and implementation of robust accounting processes and policy documents for a number of businesses seeking premium listing on LSE
- Delivery of a complex set of multi-currency consolidated financial statements for an investment group, which has recently acquired a number of well-known high street restaurant chains
- Preparation of an impact assessment of IFRS 9 for a multi-national bank providing buy to let mortgages and retail & commercial loans
- Assessment of the accounting principles behind arrangements for the provision of prepaid Funeral plans for a major International Charity based in the UK
- IFRS 9 Impact assessment and implementation plan for a large provider of finance to the UK Social Housing market
- IFRS 16 impact assessment and design of implementation plan for a UK banking business, including advising on transition reliefs available to minimise the impact on profit and debt covenants
- Assisted a listed financial services business to understand how to account for complex share-based payments arrangements set up on IPO
- Advised an listed business on the accounting for an convertible loan under IFRS 9 and whether the loans led to control over the borrower
- Advised a FTSE 250 listed business on the accounting implications of funding an Employee Benefit Trust through a loan or capital contribution
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)