Our leadership and governance are underpinned by a range of policies and systems to ensure we continue run a business with effective decision-making, oversight and control.
Our Board recognises the importance of good corporate governance and works to ensure that the Group’s governance arrangements deliver a well-run business which has at its heart its clients and which recognises its responsibilities not only towards shareholders but also other stakeholders such as employees, the wider market and society. See our Section 172 statement for more information on how our Board has considered stakeholders as part of its decision-making process.
We strongly believe that a robust corporate governance framework is important to the long-term success of the firm. This allows the Board to ensure effective decision-making and a system of risk management and internal controls are maintained. We therefore follow the Wates Corporate Governance Principles which provide a framework to help large unlisted private companies meet legal requirements while promoting long term success.
Meet the Evelyn Partners leadership team:
The Board Committees
The Board delegates certain responsibilities to Board Committees to help discharge its duties. The Board Committees play an essential role in supporting the Board, giving focused oversight of key areas and aspects of the business. The Board Committees are in turn supported by various executive and management committees. While the Board retains overall responsibility, a sub-Committee structure allows more time for closer scrutiny by Board Committees prior to any consideration required by the Board.
The role and responsibilities of the Board and Board Committees, including sub-Committees, are set out in formal Terms of Reference to ensure there are clear lines of accountability and responsibility to support effective decision-making across the organisation. These are reviewed at least annually as part of the review of the corporate governance framework. The Board has created the following three Board Committees to help it fulfil its oversight duties and responsibilities:
- Oversees the adequacy of the governance arrangements in place including the Board’s structure, size and composition, including independence, diversity, knowledge, skills and experience of its members
- Considers succession planning for Directors and senior executives
- Identifies and nominates candidates to fill Board vacancies as they arise
- Oversees the performance evaluation process for the Board and its Committees
- Considers the annual reappointment of Directors having regard to their performance and ability to contribute to the Board
- Oversees the induction of new Directors and ongoing training needs for the Board and individual Directors
- Its members are: Chris Grigg (Chair), Elizabeth Chambers, Keith Jones, Peter Deming, Chris Pell, Philip Muelder and Carla Stent
Risk & Audit Committee
- Oversees audit and risk matters including challenging the adherence to risk frameworks and policies
- Reviews the enterprise-wide risk profile through the Three Lines of Defence governance model
- Contributes to the embedding and maintenance of a supportive risk culture
- Monitor the effectiveness of internal financial controls and financial reporting
- Considers the adequacy of the external and internal audit functions
- Reviews whistleblowing arrangements
- Its members are: Carla Stent (Chair), Elizabeth Chambers, Chris Grigg, Keith Jones, Peter Deming and Chris Pell
- Oversees remuneration and incentive packages for senior staff within the Group
- Considers the adherence of remuneration policies and practices with regulatory guidelines and codes of practice and alignment to the Group’s strategy, prudent risk management, culture and behaviours and long-term interests of all stakeholders
- Considers changes to the Group’s remuneration policy, the gender pay gap and equity incentive arrangements of Board members
- Approves the remuneration and incentive packages for the Executive Directors and the members of the Group Executive Committee
- Oversees the controls to ensure risk and compliance considerations are positively incentivised in individual remuneration
- Its members are: Keith Jones (Chair), Elizabeth Chambers, Peter Deming, Chris Grigg, Chris Pell, Philip Muelder and Carla Stent
The Board has delegated responsibility to the Corporate Responsibility Committee to establish and monitor the Group’s approach to the corporate responsibility strategy. The Corporate Responsibility Committee provides regular reporting to the Board on the corporate responsibility strategy. Further information on our Corporate Responsibility can be found here.
See our Corporate Governance report for more information on our governance framework including activities of the Board and Board Committees and our Corporate Responsibility report for more information on how we keep corporate responsibility at the heart of our business.
We take diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) seriously and recognise the importance of ensuring that our membership reflects diversity in its broadest sense. We aspire to be a diverse Board combining different skills, experience, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, socio-economic, educational and professional background, and other relevant personal attributes to provide the range of perspectives, insights and challenge needed to support good decision making by the Board. More information on our approach to D&I can be found in our Board Diversity & Inclusion Policy.