In this week's tax update:
- Season’s Greetings
- Scottish Budget 2018
- Land and Buildings Transaction Tax – Rate and band changes
- Report recommends a new Scottish Land Value Tax
- HMRC’s Agent Update 69
- Penalties dismissed where HMRC failed to notify removal from the SA system
- PAYE and employment
- HMRC’s Employer Bulletin Issue 75
- The UT rules on the interpretation of accounting standards
- Essay writing business found to be a principal for VAT
Tax publications and webinars
- Fat chance
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.