Weekly Tax Update 2 April 2019
The latest tax update and VAT round up for the week.
- European Parliament publishes final tax avoidance report
- Company buyback of shares found to be a distribution
- Self assessment and dates of birth
- FTT determines that it has no jurisdiction to make HMRC accept a voluntary return
- FTT refuses appeal regarding taxation of pension income after divorce
Trusts, estates and IHT
- Probate fee rise
PAYE and employment
- Treasury reports on Disguised Remuneration and offshore time limits report
- HMRC publishes Spotlight 50 on another Disguised Remuneration Scheme
- Personal liability notice dismissed for lack of evidence
- UK group gains rules held to infringe EU freedom of establishment
- Consultation opens on Research and Development relief tax credit cap
Tax publications and webinars
- Briefing Notes published
- No comment
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.