In this week's tax update:
- Welsh rates of IT to match the rest of the UK
- OTS report on technology and tax simplification
- FTT rules on what constitutes a ‘silo’ for capital allowances purposes
PAYE and employment
- Payment to intermediaries held to be liable to PAYE and NICs
- Sole director of insolvent company not liable for unpaid PAYE and NICs
- HMRC issues new Spotlight 46 on contrived loan arrangements
- Polish business found to be operated by a company and not a partnership
- New economic substance requirements for corporate residency in Crown Dependencies
Tax publications and webinars
- Read all about it
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.