In this week's tax update:
- CIOT responds to extension of offshore time limits consultation
- Entrepreneurs’ relief consultation
- UT findings on ‘reasonable excuse’
- Discovery assessment valid and activity not trading
PAYE and employment
- EMI share options – State Aid approval given
- Short term business visitors from overseas branches
- FTT finds for the taxpayer in an IR35 case
- HMRC to appeal FTT decision in Hargreaves Lansdown case
- FTT allows HMRC information request for a tax avoidance scheme
- Review of intangible fixed asset (IFA) regime
- Is ‘free’ wine in a meal deal really free?
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.