Weekly tax update 24 July 2018
The latest tax and VAT round up for this week.
- FTT finds for the taxpayer in an appeal against late payment of APN surcharges
- Late submission penalties: new points-based system
- HMRC looks to increase its powers
- FTT finds for the taxpayer in a discovery assessment and closure notice case
- Rent-a-room relief
- Interaction of corresponding deficiency relief and the taxation of capital gains
PAYE and Employment
- GAAR Panel further ruling on tripartite EFRBS arrangements
- FTT finds late payment of reimbursed private fuel to be a benefit
- HMRC gives five year payment window on disguised remuneration settlements
- OTS: report on the gig economy and online platforms
- Further OTS review of business lifecycle
- CJEU makes available losses of permanent establishment to home country company
- Infraction proceedings regarding the Terminal Markets Order (TMO)
- Motor dealer deposit contributions (DDC)
- Is VAT on acquisition of tools to be leased without consideration input tax?
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.