Weekly tax update 25 September 2018
The latest weekly tax and VAT round up for this week.
In this week's tax update:
- HMRC guidance on ordinary share capital released
- Deadline has now passed for UK to change tax relief laws
Trust, estates and IHT
- Increase in investigations into IHT returns by HMRC
- Specialty debt – HMRC updates guidance
- Charitable company income tax claim ruled valid
- Commission investigation finds non-taxation of McDonald’s profits is not State aid
- FTT could not help a taxpayer who claimed discrimination in the SDLT rules
- FTT finds church hall construction work is zero-rated
- HMRC launches Making tax Digital media campaign
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.