In this weeks update:
- UT reviews staleness and carelessness on tax return discovery assessment
- HMRC responds to House of Lords report on its powers
- HMRC’s Agent Update 70
- FTT finds that a payment was capital in nature and not taxable to income tax
- FTT finds that homeless man had a reasonable excuse for late filing
- GAAR Panel opinion on film sale and leaseback transactions
- FTT rules on when payment was made under a guarantee
PAYE and employment
- Premiums paid by mistake were not taxable earnings
- SDLT filing and payment changes
- CJEU overturns decision on Belgian state aid
- Please hold
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on www.smithandwilliamson.com prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.