In this week's tax update:
- John Cooney
- Tax Update and Easter
- New guidance on pooling notices
- European Parliament agrees composition of new committee
Trust, estates and IHT
- Trust Registration service (TRS) – SDRT clarification from HMRC
- Summary of responses to consultation on Large Business Compliance
- EC publishes proposals on digital taxation
- OECD interim report on the tax challenges of digitalisation
- CA dismisses loan relationship avoidance arrangements
- Disincorporation relief will not be available after 31 March 2018
- VAT - Exempt payment transfers or taxable debt collection?
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on www.smithandwilliamson.com prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.