In this weeks update:
- Spring Statement 2019 date confirmed
- OECD puts forward options for a global digital taxation regime
- Think tank calls for greater scrutiny of tax reliefs
- Penalty reduced to nil in mis-sold interest rate hedging products case
- Appeal dismissed on change of accounting date
- Information notice can be sent to individual resident outside the UK
PAYE and employment
- FTT reduces security payable by habitual tax defaulter
- Business profits recalculated by the FTT – Case 1
- Business profits recalculated by the FTT – Case 2
Tax publications and webinars
- Customer service
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.