In this weeks update:
- EC reports that the UK tax system enables tax avoidance
- Employment status dispute found not be a reasonable excuse for late filing
- Appeal denied for lack of evidence
PAYE and employment
- FTT finds diving decommissioning activities connected with exploitation
- Employer Bulletin published
- What to do if HMRC fails to recognise Class 2 NIC liability
- Consultation opens on HMRC’s creditor status for insolvencies
- New guidance on self-reporting breaches of the corporate criminal offence
Tax publications and webinars
- Briefing Notes published
- Poetic justice
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.