Weekly tax update 6 February 2018
The latest tax update and VAT round up for this week
- Unexplained wealth orders
- Welsh tax devolution
- New guidance published by HMRC following reform of taxation of non-domiciliaries
- Scottish rate band announcement
Trust, estates and IHT
- OTS review of IHT regime
- Partnership business – carried on individually or as partners?
- Museums and galleries exhibition tax relief
- Six countries join the BEPS multilateral convention to strengthen tax treaties
- Bicarbonate of soda: standard or zero rated for VAT?
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.