In this week's tax update:
- Digital currencies inquiry launched
- HMRC update Code of Practice 8
PAYE and employment
- GAAR Panel ruling on multiple tripartite arrangements
- HMRC formalises its agreements over the length of time an EMI valuation can last
- New rules for termination payments – HMRC clarification
- New EU corporate tax plan approved in committee
- Updated guidance on corporate interest restriction (CIR)
- Research and development tax relief for SMEs
- EU mulls new corporate tax plan for digital multinationals
- Land Transaction Tax to be introduced in Wales
- Interest payments for overpaid VAT must not be restricted
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.