Weekly tax update 7 August 2018
The latest tax and VAT round up for this week.
- UK/Cyprus double tax treaty
- Follower notices and APNs
- Follower notices and APNs: Eclipse
- Increase in tax take from the very wealthy
- HMRC publishes ‘warning’ on requirement to correct
- HMRC late payment interest rate to rise following the Bank of England rate rise
- Tax avoidance schemes: accelerated payments
PAYE and Employment
- Spotlight 44 on disguised remuneration schemes affected by the loan charge
- Contractor calculator calls CEST tool unreliable following substantial research
- Late payment interest charged on late applications of treaty clearance
- Distributions in a winding up: HMRC updates its manuals
- Supplies of the services of temporary workers by employment bureaux
- HMRC publish draft update to Specified Supplies Order legislation
- VAT prepayment rule
- Making Tax Digital for VAT
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.