Weekly tax update 9 January 2018
The latest tax update and VAT round up for this week
In this weeks update:
- OECD has published updated model tax convention
- Knighthood for Edward Troup
- Potential new register of beneficial ownership of overseas legal entities
- Pre-population of data in self-assessment tax returns
- FTT allows penalties for late filing of non-resident CGT returns
Trust, estates and IHT
- Guidance on new IHT DOTAS hallmark
- Corporate interest restriction guidance
- EC has opened an investigation into IKEA’s tax treatment in the Netherlands
- Retail banks accepting deposits constitute the exempt business of banking services
- PLN – Company officer’s penalty overturned
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.