In this weeks tax update:
- UK Digital Services Tax warning
- Draft Welsh Budget released
- Scottish Budget date announced
- Multilateral Instrument comes into force in the UK
- Penalties cancelled as taxpayer could not have expected filing requirement
- Derivatives loss denied by UT
- CIOT warns draft legislation is contrary to EU law
- ATT calls on HMRC to reduce compliance requirements for losses
- FTT rejects DIY Housebuilders’ Scheme
- EU permits reduced VAT rates on electronic publications
- Brexit legislation receives Royal Assent
- Briefing Notes published
- Told you
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice nor a recommendation relating to the acquisition or disposal of investments. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
This article was previously published on Smith & Williamson prior to the launch of Evelyn Partners.