Areas of expertise
Financial Services businesses, charities, defined benefit pension schemes, manufacturing and engineering, professional services, renewables, IT, start ups, pharmaceuticals, restaurants, retail, property including hotels; all in relation to Corporate restructuring, insolvency, and fraud and asset tracing.
Employer covenant assessments related to defined benefit pension schemes
Adam has circa 20 years of restructuring and insolvency experience, acting as an appointment-taking insolvency practitioner since 2010. Adam’s specialisms have included not-for-profit, pension, retail and financial sector assignments, as well as complex and sometimes international insolvencies involving asset tracing.
He was previously seconded to the Serious Fraud Office. Has acted as interim manager under charity act legislation, receiver under proceeds of crime legislation and acted as liquidator in a number of overseas jurisdictions.
He also leads our work on employer covenant assessments relating to defined benefit pension schemes.
- Special administrator (under Investment Banking Legislation) of each of European Pensions Management, Strand Capital, and Reyker Securities. Achieved the successful transfer of over 6,000+ clients’ assets and monies (amounting to over £1billion).
- Duly appointed administrator or liquidator over a variety of financial services business including London Capital & Finance, Cash on Go, Guinness Mahon Trust Corporation, Strategic Wealth, Pacific Continental. This involved working with the Financial Services Compensation Scheme to investigate thousands of claims from the public who had suffered losses. Business include investment management, brokerage, mini bond issuers, insurance, SIPP operators, IFAs, service providers, and traders.
- Administrator of a variety of not for profit and charity enterprises including 4 Children (saving over 1,000 jobs across 100+ premises), British Association for Adopting and Fostering.
- Solvent Liquidator of Sussex Royal (the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s charity).
- On the approved list for the Charity Commission’s Interim Managers; and the Serious Fraud Office (SFO)/ National Crime Agency (NCA)/ Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) enforcement/management receivers under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Winner of the 2019 TRI Awards Corporate Restructuring IP of the Year category.
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and member of R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals, Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA) and Employer Covenant Practitioners Association.
D.Phil in Chemistry.