Areas of expertise
• Specialising in Forensic Accounting since 2010
• Over ten years’ experience as an auditor and accountant
As an Associate Director in Evelyn Partners’ Forensic Services department, Brendan is part of a specialist team comprising accountants, investigators and computer forensics professionals.
He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2009 and specialises in forensic accounting. His experience also includes dispute resolution services, asset tracing and criminal defence.
Brendan’s experience covers many industry sectors including technology, media, financial services and the not-for-profit sector. He has worked internationally, having conducted investigations in the UK, Middle East and Eastern Europe.
Brendan regularly speaks on forensic accounting, fraud and fraud prevention.
Prior to specialising as a forensic accountant, Brendan spent over ten years working in accounting and auditing practices both in the UK and South Africa. He has also worked as a financial reporting accountant for a UK based internet advertising company.
Professional qualifications and memberships
• Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2009 (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales)
• Certified Fraud Examiner since 2014
• Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist since 2009
• Trustee director of the Fraud Advisory Panel, a leading counter fraud charity in the UK. Brendan regularly contributes to the Panel’s activities, including the Fraud Prevention and Detection working group and the Future Fraud Professionals Network