Areas of expertise
Monitoring Trustee, Monitor, Monitor, Independent Auditor, Expert Witness
Michel is a Director within the leading, global Monitoring Trustee team at Smith & Williamson. He leads the team’s work on monitoring compliance with structural remedies and behavioural remedies, interim measures on behalf of competition authorities around the world.
Notable client work and achievements
Michel’s portfolio of cases as the Monitoring Trustee and Project Lead includes:
• EC/FTC/SAMR case: Broadcom / Brocade, behavioural remedies, a 10 year Mandate;
• EC/SAMR case: Novalis / Aleris, structural and behavioural remedies, a 10 year Mandate;
• EC case: M.10262 META (formerly Facebook) / Kustomer, behavioural remedies, a 10 year Mandate;
• FCA and AGCM cases: behavioural remedies involving Google in relation to Adtech and Android Auto;
• CMA case: MasterCard / Vocalink, behavioural remedies, a 20 year Mandate;
• CCCS and PCC case: Grab / Uber, interim measures and behavioural remedies, a landmark case in SE Asia;
• EC case SA.57153: Luftansa state aid, structural and behavioural remedies; and
• EC/CMA case: Veolia / Suez (structural and interim measures).
Professional qualifications and memberships
Michel has a postgraduate in Competition Law, studied (Antitrust) Law in the US and has obtained LLB & an LLM with Honours.