Areas of expertise
Nigel has over 30 years’ experience in corporate restructuring and recovery and personal insolvency, gained at both Big Four and mid market firms.
Nigel’s work in a range of sectors has resulted in a substantial number of insolvent businesses being able to continue on a profitable basis going forward. He has also led many investigations, resulting in the substantial recovery of funds for creditors.
- Sale of a solicitors’ practice upon appointment and subsequent investigations resulting in the recovery of funds
- Won a misfeasance application at Court as liquidator against directors, which helped to clarify the fiduciary nature of directors’ duties
- Recovery of monies in various carbon credit/wine/land bank fraud public interest liquidations
- Succeeded at mediation following a lengthy investigation after the dissipation of monies overseas in a public interest liquidation
- Recovery of funds following extensive investigations and Court applications, from numerous properties and a network of 65 bank accounts not disclosed by the bankrupt
- Sham property trust overturned in a bankruptcy following a successful outcome at Court
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
Member of R3, The Association of Business Recovery Professionals