Restructuring and recovery services
Areas of expertise
Nigel has over 30 years’ experience in corporate restructuring and recovery and personal insolvency, gained at both Big Four and mid market firms.
Nigel’s work in a range of sectors has resulted in a substantial number of insolvent businesses being able to continue on a profitable basis going forward. He has also led many investigations, resulting in the substantial recovery of funds for creditors.
- Sale of a solicitors’ practice upon appointment and subsequent investigations resulting in the recovery of funds
- Won a misfeasance application at Court as liquidator against directors, which helped to clarify the fiduciary nature of directors’ duties
- Recovery of monies in various carbon credit/wine/land bank fraud public interest liquidations
- Succeeded at mediation following a lengthy investigation after the dissipation of monies overseas in a public interest liquidation
- Recovery of funds following extensive investigations and Court applications, from numerous properties and a network of 65 bank accounts not disclosed by the bankrupt
- Sham property trust overturned in a bankruptcy following a successful outcome at Court
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
Member of R3, The Association of Business Recovery Professionals