Areas of expertise
Indirect Tax; VAT; Mergers & Acquisitions; Cross Border Transactions; VAT policy; EU VAT; Financial Services VAT.
Sunil has 13 years of advising clients across all sectors in relation to Indirect Tax matters particularly UK and EU VAT.
Sunil joined Evelyn Partners in early 2018 after previously working for 3 of the Big 4 accountancy firms and also managing the global VAT affairs of a FTSE 100 banking group.
For 6 years of his career, Sunil focussed on advising clients on VAT matters specifically relating to Mergers & Acquisitions
Notable Client work and achievements
- Responsible for the Indirect Tax advice (long form report, structuring etc) in relation to the Royal Mail IPO and several high profile global M&A transactions in recent years.
- Advising clients and working closely with HMRC and leading software developers in the run up to HMRC’s Making Tax Digital for VAT implementation date of 1 April 2019.
- Represented various parties on relevant VAT trade bodies and societies such as the BVCA and LIBA often involving in depth discussions with HMRC policy teams.
- Chartered Accountant (‘CA’) - Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Charted Tax Advisor (‘CTA’) - Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CIOT)