Lowcostholidays Spain S L administration
Finbarr O’Connell, Henry Shinners and Colin Hardman of Smith & Williamson LLP and Lane Bednash of CMB Partners UK Ltd were appointed as joint administrators of lowcostholidays on 21 July 2016 by order of the High Court in London.
We were appointed Joint Administrators/Joint Liquidators under our former brand, Smith & Williamson.
On 15 July 2016, the same individuals were appointed as joint administrators of:
- Lowcosttravelgroup Limited
- Lowcostaviation.com Limited
- Lowcostbeds.com Limited
- Lowcostholidays Limited
We, the administrators, are very sorry for any difficulties that the failure of lowcostholidays may cause you. The following generic information is intended to help you make an informed decision on how to proceed with your travel plans and/or how to process any claims. You should have received an email confirming details which are specific to your booking and if you have not done so please check your spam/junk email folders.
We are keeping this website updated and we suggest you visit this site regularly to be sure you are getting the most up to date advice on the situation.
Making a Claim
It is important that you keep all receipts of expenses incurred to help you in making any claims for a refund or compensation in due course.
There are various ways in which you can pursue a claim to try and recover the costs of the holiday components booked via the lowcostholidays.com website which are no longer valid. However, the administrators can neither recommend, nor confirm which is the best approach for you, nor can we guarantee that your claim(s) will be successful. The potential claim options are listed below:
- Your credit or debit card issuer. UK customers should visit http://www.theukcardsassociation.org.uk/news/LCTGadvice.asp for guidance in this respect.
- Govern de les Illes Balears (www.caib.es / Govern de les Illes Balears) who is the regulator of the Spanish Travel Agency.
- Other payment/buyer protection schemes (for example, if you paid for your booking via PayPal, you may be able to claim under PayPal Buyer Protection).
- Personal travel insurance policy. (Note: the Covermore travel insurance sold via lowcostholidays.com does not cover for insolvency). Please check with your travel insurance provider.
- For customers in the Republic of Ireland only, the Irish Commission for Aviation Regulation holds a bond for the repatriation of and refund to customers who have paid for forward bookings with lowcostholidays (including 'flight only' as well as package holidays originating in the Republic of Ireland). Such customers are recommended to visit the Commissions website at http://www.aviationreg.ie for details of how to make a claim
The administrators have received details of your claim directly from lowcostholidays and there is therefore no need at this stage for you to separately notify us of your claim.
For and on behalf of Lowcostholidays
Finbarr O’Connell, Henry Shinners, Colin Hardman and Lane Bednash
Partners and Associate Directors acting as insolvency practitioners act as agents and without personal liability. Details of the licensing bodies for Smith & Williamson insolvency practitioners can be accessed here.
By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional advice before applying the contents of this article. No responsibility can be taken for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication. Details correct at time of writing.
The tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in future.
Smith & Williamson LLP
Regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales for a range of investment business activities. A member of Nexia International
LANE BEDNASH of CMB Partners UK Ltd
Lane Bednash is licensed to carry on insolvency work in the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. Lane Bednash is bound by the Insolvency Code of Ethics when carrying out all professional work relating to an insolvency appointment.