Resolving creditor issues is a primary facet of financial restructuring and recovery, while recovering outstanding debts swiftly and efficiently can go a long way towards mitigating a contentious situation.
Creditors’ priorities are to ensure their interests are upheld and their investment recovered. Whether through forensic investigation, asset tracing, enforcement and insolvency, dispute resolution or simple debt recovery, there are numerous ways to defend creditors’ rights.
Meeting your needs
You’ll have access to partner-led teams with vast debt recovery experience who have worked on assignments of all sizes and across a wide range of jurisdictions.
We provide representation at creditor meetings free of charge. We act for a number of trade groups to provide efficient, robust solutions that increase the likelihood of recovery at no additional cost and a dividend being paid to unsecured creditors at the earliest opportunity.
We’ll work with you to quickly identify the key issues and deliver solutions to maximise recoveries or avert further losses.
You can access a wide range of specialist teams across our diverse business, such as forensic services, to support your needs as and when required.
Evelyn Partners is a founding member of CLA Global Network Limited (CLA Global), a market-leading, mid-market international accounting network of independent firms. CLA Global serves clients in over 100 countries, focusing on privately-owned international businesses and their owners. Through this global network and our breadth of experience, we offer a truly international service and can support your business if you are expanding overseas, moving into the UK or already operating internationally.
We co-ordinate industry-leading credit forums to identify industry best practice and benchmarks.
How we can help
- Creditor meetings: Dealing with insolvency paperwork on your behalf, adapting proposals to reach a compromise of debt, sharing previously undisclosed information.
- Supplier’s retention of title: Advising on the options available to recover money and stock for suppliers of insolvent businesses.
- Supplier reviews: Assessing the recent and anticipated financial performance and creditworthiness of a business, where a supplier has concerns about credit already advanced to the business.
- Investigations: Covering fraudulent trading, wrongful trading, misfeasance, preference, transactions at an under-value, unpaid capital recovery of voidable dispositions and unlawful dividends.
- Advice to landlords: Assisting with proposed restructuring of a tenant, including voting rights in formal restructuring or insolvency, disclaimer of onerous leases in liquidations, the right of occupation of an insolvency practitioner, and rights of enforcement such as distraint and forfeiture.
- Tenant services: Including quantification of landlord claims in restructuring, assessment of solvency and the impact of onerous leases, and assistance in negotiated settlements.
A top ten UK accountancy firm, as ranked by Accountancy Age. (Source: Accountancy Age, 2018)
Much of our work comes from referrals through our established relationships with intermediaries and existing clients.
A member of R3: the association of business recovery professionals.
Our partners and directors regularly contribute commentary on restructuring and recovery issues in the national and trade press.