Pension wind-up and deficit management help
Rising costs and legislative change mean employers and trustees increasingly need expert advice on managing a pension scheme deficit or winding up a scheme altogether.
There are many reasons why a business might wind up a pension scheme and The Pensions Regulator has very strict rules governing how this should be done. It’s therefore essential that you have access to expert support and advice.
An increasing number of pension schemes are now in deficit, however there may be opportunities for employers to find ways to de-risk, manage deficits and reduce costs in other ways, for example, engaging insurers to provide all of the services required to run the scheme rather than outsourcing them to different suppliers, which is likely to be more costly.
How we can help
We’re focused on providing non-standard solutions tailored to your business requirements and a personal service that means we’re available whatever your questions are and whenever you need us.
Our highly trained team of experts are comfortable operating in what can be very sensitive areas such as negotiating ‘enhanced’ transfer values.
Our joined-up approach means you’ll have access to senior staff from across our diverse business, including pensions and employee benefits experts, employment tax professionals and discretionary investment managers. We offer:
- Wind-up services: providing wind-up services for both defined benefit and defined contribution occupational pension schemes including:
- project plans and timetables
- consultancy and administration services
- advice on all legislative requirements
- member data reconciliation
- recommendation reports
- default investment option strategies
- member communications and presentations
- Deficit management: providing deficit management strategies for defined benefit arrangements
- Trustee services: acting as an independent trustee through our Corporate Trust Company
Why choose Evelyn Partners?
Our highly qualified team has more than 20 years’ experience in this field.
We are associates of both the Pensions Management Institute and the Chartered Insurance Institute, and members of the Personal Finance Society.
Please get in contact to find out more about how Evelyn Partners can help.
Pension Trustee Bulletin - A yearly publication for occupational pension scheme trustees and their advisors
Employee Benefits Review - Insights for human resources and finance directors (Last issue 2019)